The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) has a strong commitment to privacy, recognizing that we are a public association. This statement outlines the policies and procedures concerning information gathering and dissemination practices for this website, www.aacpdm.org.
Collecting and Using User Information
The AACPDM collects information in different ways from those who access our site. We use this information primarily to provide a customized experience as you use our site and, do not share this information with third parties. However, we may disclose personal information collected if we have received your permission beforehand or in very special circumstances, such as when we believe that such disclosure is required by law, or in other special cases described below.
Our site uses order forms for customers to request information, products, and services. We collect users’ contact information (e.g., name and e-mail address) and financial information (e.g., account or credit card numbers). Financial information is used to bill the user for products and services and then is deleted from our records in compliance with the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Contact information from the order form is used to send orders, contact the user regarding any problems with the order, and to provide the user with information about our association, including promotional materials. Users may opt out of receiving future communications at any time by updating preferences in their user profile; see the Updating User Profile section below.
Current AACPDM members' contact information is made available through the Membership Directory. This information is only available to other current AACPDM members. Members may opt out of being listed in the Membership Directory; see the Updating User Profile section below.
Disclosure of Personal Information
Updating User Profile
Members who have created an account with the AACPDM have the ability to update or change all personal information provided. To do so, access your member profile here (member login required) or e-mail email@example.com with the new information.
Opt In/Out of Communications
The AACPDM provides users the opportunity to opt out of receiving communications from us when we request information about the user. To update these preferences, users can e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Opt In/Out of Membership Directory
We also allow AACPDM members to opt out of displaying personal information in the Membership Directory. To update these preferences, users can visit this link or e-mail email@example.com.
Our site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control, but we cannot guarantee that our security measures will prevent third-party "hackers" from illegally obtaining this information.
Links to Other Sites
This site contains links to other sites. The AACPDM is not responsible for the privacy practices or content of other websites. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each website that collects your personally identifiable information.
Changes to This Policy
Surveys, Questionnaires, Social Media
When you submit a survey, questionnaire, contest entry, or similar form by using the website, social media, or other online survey tools and platforms accessible via our website, we or third parties operating those tools, platforms, or social media websites may collect your social media handle or profile, or any other identifier that you use to be contacted online or offline. This information may also include personally identifiable and business information, but only to the extent that you voluntarily provide it to us.
Use of Personal Information
In addition to the uses described above, we use the personal information collected in an effort to improve your experience on the website, to provide services to you, and to communicate with you about the information you have requested. We may also use personal information to help target specific offers to you and to help us develop and improve our website and services. Additionally, we may use your personal information in the following ways:
- To provide you with services you have requested and to manage our relationship with you, including administering your account, processing payments, accounting, auditing, billing and collection and taking other steps necessary to the performance of our business relationship with you;
- To present and improve website contact and functionality;
- To determine user interests, needs and preferences;
- To provide notice of changes to our website or the services we offer or provide through it;
- To conduct research and analysis;
- To develop new products and services;
- To manage and maintain the security of our website and services;
- To market our services to you. We will only provide you with marketing-related information after you have, where legally required to do so, opted in to receive those communications and having provided you with the opportunity to opt-out of such communications at any time. We do not sell, rent, or lease our customer lists to third parties.
Community Rules, Etiquette and Privacy Guidelines
Thank you for being part of our community. To ensure the best possible experience for all members, we have established some basic guidelines for participation.
By joining and using this community, you agree that you have read and will follow these rules and guidelines. You also agree to reserve discussions and shared files and content to that are best suited to the medium. This is a great medium with which to solicit the advice of your peers, benefit from their experience, and participate in an ongoing conversation. Questions should be directed to our Membership Department via the Contact Staff link on this site. Technical questions on association management issues should directed to our help desk via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please take a moment to acquaint yourself with these important guidelines. If you have questions, contact the help desk. In order to preserve a climate that encourages both civil and fruitful dialogue, we reserve the right to suspend or terminate membership in this community for anyone who violate these rules.
- Do not challenge or attack others. The discussions and comments are meant to stimulate conversation not to create contention. Let others have their say, just as you may.
- Do not post commercial messages on any discussion list, resource library entry, or other area where others might see it. Contact people directly with product and service information if you believe it would help them.
- Use caution when discussing products. Information posted on the lists and in the libraries is available for all to see, and comments are subject to libel, slander, and antitrust laws.
- All defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials are strictly prohibited. Do not post anything that you would not want the world to see or that you would not want anyone to know came from you.
- Please note carefully all items listed in the disclaimer and legal rules below, particularly regarding the copyright ownership of information posted.
- Remember that other participants have the right to reproduce postings to this site unless you specify otherwise.
- Post your message or documents only to the most appropriate lists or libraries. Do not spam several lists or libraries with the same message.
All messages must add to the body of knowledge. We reserve the right to reject any message for any reason.
Discussion Group Etiquette
- Include a signature tag on all messages. Include your name, affiliation, location.
- State concisely and clearly the topic of your comments in the subject line. This allows members to respond more appropriately to your posting and makes it easier for members to search the archives by subject.
- Include only the relevant portions of the original message in your reply. Delete any header information, and put your response before the original posting.
- Only send a message to the entire list when it contains information that everyone can benefit from.
- Send messages such as "thanks for the information" or "me, too" to individuals--not to the entire list. Do this by using the "Reply to Sender" link to the left of every message.
- Do not send administrative messages, such as remove me from the list. Instead, use the web interface to change your settings or to remove yourself from a list. If you are changing e-mail addresses, you do not need to remove yourself from the list and rejoin under your new e-mail address. Simply change your settings.
- Warn other list subscribers of lengthy messages either in the subject line or at the beginning of the message body with a line that says "Long Message."
- Do not publicize employment opportunities/job postings on the AACPDM social media outlets. If you are looking to advertise an open position, please visit the AACPDM job board, or contact AACPDM at email@example.com for more information regarding how to do this.
The Legal Stuff
This site is provided as a service for the members of the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) and is not responsible for the opinions and information posted on this site by others. We disclaim all warranties with regard to information posted on this site, whether posted by AACPDM or any third party; this disclaimer includes all implied warranties of merchantability and fitness. In no event shall AACPDM be liable for any special, indirect, or consequential damages or any damages whatsoever resulting from loss of use, data, or profits, arising out of or in connection with the use or performance of any information posted on this site.
Do not post any defamatory, abusive, profane, threatening, offensive, or illegal materials. Do not post any information or other material protected by copyright without the permission of the copyright owner. By posting material, the posting party warrants and represents that he or she owns the copyright with respect to such material or has received permission from the copyright owner. In addition, the posting party grants AACPDM and users of this site the nonexclusive right and license to display, copy, publish, distribute, transmit, print, and use such information or other material.
Messages should not be posted if they encourage or facilitate members to arrive at any agreement that either expressly or impliedly leads to price fixing, a boycott of another's business, or other conduct intended to illegally restrict free trade. Messages that encourage or facilitate an agreement about the following subjects are inappropriate: prices, discounts, or terms or conditions of sale; salaries; profits, profit margins, or cost data; market shares, sales territories, or markets; allocation of customers or territories; or selection, rejection, or termination of customers or suppliers.
AACPDM does not actively monitor the site for inappropriate postings and does not on its own undertake editorial control of postings. However, in the event that any inappropriate posting is brought to the attention of AACPDM we will take all appropriate action.
AACPDM reserves the right to terminate access to any user who does not abide by these guidelines.