The AACPDM offers an opportunity to participate in a Committee or a Council. Councils are similar to Committees, but the terms of service, objectives, and reporting structures can differ based on the unique nature of the Council Charge. Below you will find the list of all AACPDM Councils.
- Community Council
- Care Pathways Council
Qualified Council Volunteers Must:
- Be a current member of the AACPDM - Click Here to Join Now
- Have access to email/internet and telephone
- Attend virtual meetings;
- Attend in-person business meetings, typically held in conjunction with the Annual Meeting;
- Work with other Council members and AACPDM staff to accomplish the projects.
- Review all relevant material before meetings;
- Attend and engage in meetings;
- Pay attention to activities that affect or are affected by the Council's work;
- Support the efforts of the Council Chair;
- Complete individual assignments on time;
- Work as part of the Council to ensure that the Council’s work and recommendations are in keeping with AACPDM’s mission and goals.
A variety of circumstances might contribute to insufficient participation in Council activities. Insufficient participation includes:
- Inadequate attendance/participation in conference calls/meetings (i.e., defined as missing more than 1 out of 3 meetings). Members should notify the Chair if unable to attend a conference call/meeting;
- Non-completion of assigned tasks.
Anyone unable to fulfill the obligations of the Council membership due to insufficient participation may be excused by the Chair and the Second Vice President to make room for another member. The member will receive written notification from the Chair to relieve them of their responsibilities.
If you have questions about volunteering on a Council, please contact the AACPDM office.