Members: In addition to the Chair, Chair-Elect and Past Chair, the number of members is variable (and between 3 and 17), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the responsible Board Liaison.
|Chairperson:||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.|
|Chair-Elect:||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.|
|Past Chair:||1 year progressing from Chair. Position holds full voting privileges.|
|Members:||3 years, which may be renewed for one additional 3-year term. No member may serve more than 6 years on the Committee unless progressing through a leadership role on the committee.|
- Score submissions and select recipient of the Gayle G. Arnold Award for the Best Scientific Paper from the invited manuscripts submitted to the AACPDM office. Nominees eligible to submit a manuscript for the award will be chosen guided by the scores from the Scientific Program Committee’s abstract review.
- Select the best adult paper based on the scoring of the abstracts by the Scientific Program Committee’s abstract review. The Committee is encouraged to enlist input from the Complex Care Committee with the final recommendation.
- Review applications for the Student Scholarship and select scholarship recipients and the travel reimbursement amounts associated.
- Review and select recipient of the Mac Keith Press Promising Career Award from all eligible presentations at the Annual Meeting.
- Review and select recipient of the Best Scientific Poster Award from all scientific posters displayed at the Annual Meeting.
- Oversee process for awarding Best Demonstration Poster displayed at the Annual Meeting according to the procedures in place at the time.
- Consider recommendations for the development of new awards that appropriately complement the mission of the AACPDM. The committee will apprise the Board Liaison of the new award recommendation for approval from the Board of Directors. If approved, the committee will facilitate the selection and presentation of the award.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will be then updated automatically through the database.
Best Scientific Poster Award
The highest-scoring Scientific Poster abstracts are reviewed in their final poster form by the Awards Committee during the Annual Meeting. The Scientific Poster that scores the highest in the Awards Committee review is announced at a Saturday plenary session during the Annual Meeting.
Best Demonstration Poster Award
The top-rated Demonstration Posters are reviewed and voted on by the attendees at the Annual Meeting. The Demonstration Poster receiving the most votes is announced at a Saturday plenary session during the Annual Meeting.
Mac Keith Press Promising Career Award
This award is given to an Academy member within four years of completion of training. The winner is selected based on the Awards Committee rating of the presented work and is announced shortly after the Annual Meeting.