Composition and Appointment:
Members: In addition to the Chair, Chair-elect and Past Chair, the number of members is variable but between 3 and 17. A minimum of six members is recommended. The number of members is subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the responsible Board Liaison.
Chairperson: 1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
Chair-Elect: 1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
Past-Chair: 1 year progressing from Chair. Full voting privileges.
Members: 3 years, which may be renewed for one additional 3-year term. No member may serve more than 6 years on the Committee unless progressing through a leadership role.
The Research Committee promotes the quality and quantity of research in cerebral palsy and developmental disabilities. The Committee focuses on activities that enhance research interest and education, including developing and sustaining research collaborations among members of the Academy. To meet this goal, it will:
- Invite and evaluate applications for an annual Research Grant(s) supplied by the Pedal-with-Pete Foundation. The Committee will recommend the top applications to the Pedal-with-Pete Foundation for their final decision.
- Request written progress reports from the prior year’s recipients of the research grant(s) and coordinate the presentation at the Annual Meeting, if applicable.
- Review applications and select the recipient for the Mentorship Award. Coordinate its presentation at the Annual Meeting.
- Submit questions for the Academy’s needs assessment survey; review and discuss responses received from the general membership.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will be then updated automatically through the database.