Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
|1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
|1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
|1 year progressing from Chair.
|3 years (one second three-year term permissible).
- To promote academic discussion regarding complex care delivery and clinical management by encouraging submission of relevant work for presentation at the annual AACPDM meeting as well as promoting instructional courses on related topics;
- To promote and share materials and publications relevant to complex care including clinical, educational, research and advocacy resources;
- To collaborate with other groups internationally who are also pursuing work on complex care;
- To host an annual meeting for the Complex Care SIG;
- To provide opportunities for mentorship of trainees early in their professional lives and encourage their research efforts;
- To advise the AACPDM Board on policy matters related to this population for potential advocacy.
Other Ways To Participate:
If you're interested in the care of adults with childhood-onset disabilities, you may also be interested in participating in our Adults and Aging Special Interest Group. The group meets several times per year to discuss topics and learn together about advancing care for this unique population. To join our SIG, please send an email to AdultAgingSIG@aacpdm.org and include your full name in the body of the message with the word “join” in the subject line.