Composition and Appointment:
Members: In addition to the Chair, Chair-Elect and Past Chair, the number of members is variable (and between 3 and 17), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the responsible Board Liaison.
|Chairperson:||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.|
|Chair-Elect:||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee in conjunction with and approval of the responsible Board Member.|
|Past Chair:||1 year progressing from Chair. Position holds full voting privileges.|
|Members:||3 years, which may be renewed for one additional 3-year term. No member may serve more than 6 years on the Committee unless progressing through a leadership role with the committee.|
Enhance membership in the AACPDM through actions which include:
- Review and approve new member applications and requests for Emeritus Membership through an online review system. Applicants whose credentials are, through the online review process, found to be questionable and/or non-medical will be asked to provide a reference from a current Academy member.
- Update and revise the dues renewal notices that are sent to members.
- Facilitate mentoring and networking among Academy members, including the development and maintenance of the Advisor Program.
- Pursue growth opportunities for the membership of the AACPDM in all aspects, including international membership, diversity, and recruitment of new people to leadership.
- Propose ways to enhance products of benefit to members, including but not limited to the Annual Meeting and the Journal.
- Develop and staff membership booth during Annual Meeting, if space allows.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will be then updated automatically through the database.