The International Alliance of Academies of Childhood Disability (IAACD) was founded in 2014 by the American Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM); the European Academy of Childhood Disability (EACD); and the Australian Academy of Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AusACPDM). The alliance encourages networking and strong participation of health care professionals and scientists from around the world. Hosting a joint meeting is a great way to establish and strengthen these international connections by gathering professionals working with childhood disability from all over the world to exchange ideas and discuss new research and medical advances.
More on IAACD Purpose and Mission
The purpose and mission of IAACD are to improve the health and well-being of children, youth and adults with childhood-onset disabilities around the globe by enhancing local multidisciplinary professional capacity and expertise through an international collaboration between academies.
IAACD’s purpose and mission includes:
- Promoting evidence based teaching and training of multidisciplinary professionals in all aspects of childhood-onset disability with a lifespan perspective across different regions and cultures;
- Fostering collaboration to support all involved in the care of children and youth with disabilities including parents, caretakers, communities and professionals;
- Promoting scientific and needs-driven research in childhood disability that is applicable across diverse needs and conditions;
- Promoting the implementation of childhood-onset disability practice which is informed by regional and cultural variation; and
- Partnering with key stakeholders and organizations in support of the rights of individuals with childhood-onset disabilities.
To learn more about the IAACD, please click here.
- May 2019
- July 10, 2019
Exhibit Booth Application Deadline
- August 7, 2019
Early Bird Registration Discount Ends
- August 21, 2019
Online Registration Deadline
- August 18, 2019
Hotel Room Block Reservation Deadline
- August 22, 2019
Presentation Handout Deadline
- September 18-21, 2019
73rd Annual Meeting!