What is an AACPDM eCourse?
An AACPDM eCourse is a self-paced online, educational course with the opportunity to earn continuing education credits. eCourses offer a chance to connect with professionals around the world! Anyone who registers for a course will be able to interact with other professionals taking the course through a shared discussion board forum.
eCourses also offer the chance to earn CME and CEUs. The exact amount of CME/CEU available varies by the specific course, but totals are typically 3-4 hours.
Previous eCourses have covered topics such as:
- Navigating the Journey
- Managing Aspiration Pneumonia
- International Classification of Functioning
- Disability and Health (ICF)
- Orthopedic Surgery for Adults with Cerebral Palsy
- Transition to Adulthood for Youth with Chronic Needs: Challenges and Rewards
- Complex Care: Team Management in Spinal Fusion for Children with Cerebral Palsy
Certificates and Continuing Education Credits:
- ACCME Accreditiation Statement: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapy Assistants: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine is recognized as an Approval Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. http://ptbc.ca.gov/licensees/cc_agency.shtml
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapy Assistants: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) #6379.
Note: The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- Nursing Credits: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) is a Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 14720
- Certificate of Attendance: All attendees may claim a Certificate of Attendance