Neuromuscular Ultrasound: Hands on Ultrasound Training Course for Chemodenervation Procedures Part I and II
Course Chair: Katharine E. Alter, MD
Target Audience: Physicians, nurse practitioners, physician assistants, therapists
This course includes didactic lectures on the following:
- Part I - Ultrasound (US) Basics: the principles of ultrasound scanning/physics, the sonoacoustic properties of relevant tissues, US scanning techniques/tips.
- Part II - Clinical Applications of US: The use of US for procedural guidance/chemodenervation procedures including Botulinum Toxin and Phenol - The use of US in Neuromuscular Medicine.
- Part III - Hands on Scanning: The remainder of the course is comprised of hands on ultrasound training: Head and neck muscles, structures, upper/lower limb muscles and nerves.
- Part IV - Procedural guidance training using phantoms or other models will also be included.
At the conclusion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Be proficient in the basic physics and scanning techniques of ultrasound;
- Be proficient with the basics of US imaging;
- Identify clinical applications of US for procedural guidance and in Neuromuscular medicine;
- Identify key muscles in the neck, upper/lower limbs, parotid/submandibular glands; and
- Identify sonoacoustic properties of relevant tissues and the benefits and limitations of incorporating US into clinical practice.
- May 2019
- July 10, 2019
Exhibit Booth Application Deadline
- August 7, 2019
Early Bird Registration Discount Ends
- August 18, 2019
Hotel Room Block Reservation Deadline
- August 21, 2019
Online Registration Deadline
- August 22, 2019
Presentation Handout Deadline
- September 18-21, 2019
73rd Annual Meeting!