Get the Member Advantage.
- Join the Advisor Program as an Advisor or Advisee. Gain and share knowledge with fellow AACPDM Members.
- AACPDM offers many awards each year to honor our outstanding members and scientific presenters at our Annual Meeting. This is an opportunity to formally and publicly recognize a significant person in your professional development. AACPDM offers several awards to members only, including the Lifetime Achievement Award and Mentorship Award, the latter of which requires both the nominee and nominator to be members of AACPDM. This is a wonderful opportunity for recognition of professionals who have made significant contributions to the field of developmental medicine.
- The Annual Meeting provides an international forum for the dissemination and exchange of new knowledge, ideas and educational information between participants from all disciplines involved in the prevention, diagnosis and care of children with cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities. The meeting customarily begins with pre-conference courses followed by the general meeting, which will include both plenary and concurrent scientific sessions, symposia, and other special programs. Members receive a substantial discount on the registration fees.
Complimentary Membership to Emeritus Members
- Members receive a reduced registration fee for all eCourses. An AACPDM eCourse is a self-paced online, educational course with the opportunity to earn continuing education credits. They offer a chance to connect with professionals around the world! Anyone who registers for a course will be able to interact with other professionals taking the course through a shared discussion board forum.
- The AACPDM offers the opportunity for members to apply for Research Grants. The purpose of this planning grant is to provide support to bring together investigators from geographically disparate locations, obtain statistical consultation and develop a multi-center research study plan. The goal is to provide the forum and initial planning to develop a successful grant submission for full funding through some larger agency (e.g., NIH, UCP, NIDRR, CDC, CIHR etc). The grant should focus on an important clinical question relevant to the membership of AACPDM and the involvement of a multidisciplinary team is expected.
Leadership, Volunteering, and Community Involvement
- The AACPDM's foundation begins with the dedication and loyalty of our volunteer committee members. Joining a Committee is not only a great way to contribute to the Academy, but it will also enhance your personal professional growth. With a wide variety of committees to choose from, there is something for everyone. We encourage dedicated individuals to participate on and chair committees, as they are a great way to get involved, share your expertise, collaborate with others and contribute to the growth of the academy.
- Develop your professional network with access to our membership database, and have your information included if you choose to do so.
- Valuable networking opportunities with thousands of members, representing multiple disciplines from all over the world, gives the chance to meet other medical professionals and experience their knowledge about employment opportunities, practice management and career development.
Publications & Newsletter Access
- Developmental Medicine and Child Neurology (DMCN) is the official journal of the AACPDM. This peer reviewed journal is recognized internationally as the leader in the field. Members can choose to select from a list of Clinics in Developmental Medicine series books in replace of DMCN Journal. This option is available to Fellow Members of the AACPDM. The AACPDM creates a newsletter and periodic broadcast emails about various events and activities in the industry. Members assist in developing informational materials to keep the public informed about advances in treating cerebral palsy and other developmental disabilities.
- Each year, AACPDM offers multiple scholarships to attend our Annual Meeting: Student Scholarships and International Scholarships. Student Scholarships of up to $1000 and International Scholarships of up to $2500 are awarded to deserving applicants at the discretion of the reviewing committees.