Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible).
Duties / Objectives:
- To encourage and provide leadership in developing interdisciplinary educational programs for the membership of the AACPDM on lifespan care issues including transition to adulthood, aging, and adult outcomes.
- To foster attitudinal changes so that preparation for transition can begin in infancy and early childhood, recognizing that there are transitions throughout development and the whole lifespan that require attention and preparation.
- To promote recognition of the need for consumer input and dialogue in planning educational, clinical, and research program.
- To address the needs for formal study and research in adult outcomes of interventions for children with developmental disabilities.
- To provide leadership in exploring and advocating for models of care and service provision which meet the medical, psychosocial, emotional, educational, vocational, and housing needs of adolescence and adults with developmental disabilities.
[ Back to Committees ]