Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible)
- Provide resources and/or relay interest in service on teams to provide education, training and service in the field of cerebral palsy and developmental disabilities.
- Determine criteria and update the International Scholarship Application. Review and grade submitted applications and determine how the funds will be distributed.
- Determine the format of the International Networking Luncheon and invite participants.
- Develop review criteria and review applications for any seed money provided to international meetings. Make a recommendation to the Board regarding international meetings considered appropriate for potential financial support.
- At the Annual Meeting, host the International Scholarship recipients.
- Report to Board regularly on developments in the international field.
- Recommend involvement/affiliations with appropriate international agencies.
- Develop lists of international agencies for correspondence and communication, including articles for Newsletter, Annual Meeting presentation and online course presentation.
- Advise Academy on communications or correspondence received related to international affairs.
- Represent Academy at selected international meetings as requested by the Board.
- Upon request, assist Scientific Program Committee by soliciting/recommending international presentations at Annual Meeting.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will be then updated automatically through the database.
[ Back to Committees ]