Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible).
Duties / Objectives:
- Develop, present, and evaluate national and regional courses on themes appropriate to the goals and aims of the Academy.
- Develop, present, and evaluate regional or local workshops, tutorials, or other educational events in coordination with Executive Office and local sponsors.
- Discuss, evaluate, and develop newer ideas for continuing education of the Academy.
- Assure strict adherence to the guidelines created for the courses and workshops and available through the Executive Office. Revise the guidelines as necessary in accordance with ACCME guidelines.
- Assure a strict control in coordination between the Executive Office, the local host and sponsors with regards to the solvency of the educational venture sponsored. The final authority for cancellation of a course in this regard must be followed as per the guidelines established.
- Establish a means to gather outcomes information to validate that the goals of the Annual Meeting have been met. The information will be provided to the Program Committee.
- Determine how to serve the educational needs of local, general or family practitioners.
[ Back to Committees ]