Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible).
- To promote academic discussion regarding complex care delivery and clinical management by encouraging submission of relevant work for presentation at the annual AACPDM meeting as well as promoting instructional courses on related topics;
- To organize existing published materials relevant to complex care, creating a central resource to be shared with Academy members (potentially via the website);
- To collaborate with other groups nationally who are also pursuing work on complex care;
- To host an annual meeting for the Complex Care SIG;
- To provide opportunities for mentorship of trainees early in their professional lives and encourage their research efforts;
- To advise the AACPDM Board on policy matters related to this population for potential advocacy.
[ Back to Committees ]