Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible).
- Utilize coordinated strategies to disseminate Academy communications broadly and efficiently.
- Promote the AACPDM through the use of customized messaging to target specific professions or segments of the population to assist them in understanding the potential benefit of the AACPDM.
- Utilize technology to optimize and communicate around learning.
- Oversee AACPDM website content
- Make recommendations for changes to the website and evaluate any planned website changes
- Establish and disseminate mechanisms for content to be placed, reviewed, and/or revised on the website
- Maintain information about the Committees’ activities for the website
- Create and distribute communication products that are relevant for the membership (e.g. publishing a newsletter).
- Maintain the AACPDM social media presence with support from Academy staff including, but not limited to:
- Facebook page
- Twitter feed
- Other avenues as deemed appropriate and approved by Academy leadership
- Upon request, evaluate and report to Academy leadership regarding new opportunities for communication within or beyond Academy membership that may be of benefit to the Academy.
- Conduct the process for the Fred P. Sage Award annually
- Select the recipient from submitted applications
- The recipient will receive a certificate and financial prize and a brief showing of the product will occur at the time the Award is presented at the Annual Meeting
- Publish an updated listing/compilation of the available audiovisual and multi-media resources pertinent to the membership in the appropriate fields.
- Encourage production and solicit submission of multimedia programs for the Annual Meeting.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to the AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will then be updated automatically through the database.
[ Back to Committees ]