Composition and Appointment:
Members: Number (variable), subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the committee's Board Liaison and the Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.
||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.
||1 year progressing from Chair.
||3 years (one second three-year term permissible). No member may serve more than 6 years on the Committee unless progressing to or through a leadership role on the committee.
The mission of the Advocacy Committee is to inform and educate AACPDM membership so that members can be effective advocates for research, healthcare and related issues important to professionals and families of children with cerebral palsy and related disabilities.
- Serve as an educational conduit to provide information and clarification for issues relevant to the mission of the Academy (below) and the Advocacy Committee.
- Create, review, and update the information on the AACPDM website regarding advocacy.
- Provide direction and assistance for the educational activities at the Annual Meeting that are related to advocacy. Work with the Program Committee to deliver reports and organize symposiums at the Annual Meeting that update the membership on changes in health care delivery that affect people with disabilities and their families.
- Provide direction and assistance for the educational activities related to advocacy during the year, through continuing education such as grand rounds, newsletter submissions.
- Work to join forces with other groups to create a larger voice to advocate for research on CP and related disorders. The Advocacy Committee will evaluate and make recommendations to the Board about establishing relationships with other groups.
[ Back to Committees ]