Pre-Conference Courses - Instructions
UPDATE - email notification sent on August 30, 2020
Due to a change in the platform and to ensure high quality in your presentation, your presentation slides must be in PDF format and therefore any animations and/or transitions will not be saved when converting/saving, for example, your PPT file to a PDF file. The technicians will also now need a copy of your PDF file, in advance. You will still have control of running your slides in the LIVE format.
Videos will still need to be provided separately and must be an .mp4 file (max 2kb, per video). Please upload videos, HERE on/by September 10, 2020.
Pre-Conference sessions will be LIVE-STREAMED; each presenter will be able to manage his or her own slides in this LIVE format.
Access the AM20 Presenter Guide to read and review before creating your presentation. The AM20 Presenter Guide includes the following sections to aid you in preparing for your presentation, both individually and collectively, as a group:
- Basic Preparation Guidelines
- Presenter Tips to Maximize Your LIVE Presentation
- Live Virtual Session Format
A PowerPoint (PPT) slide template is available for download in your Conference Harvester or you may access here.
“Run of Show”
The AACPDM Staff will be presenting the technicians running the LIVE course a “Run of Show” which outlines the exact time for each ‘activity’ (presentation, Q&A, break, etc.) for the course.
Each course group will need to provide AACPDM Staff their “run of show” schedule. Components:
- Time (start and end)
- Activity (include name of presenter)
- Duration of activity
- Format (ex: live presentation, video, etc.)
- File for technician to play/run, if applicable
You may access and download your “Run of Show” Template in your Conference Harvester or you may access here.
Please only have (1) Presenter submit the “Run of Show” file, when completed, to Leah Skogman (LSkogman@aacpdm.org).
“Run of Show” files must be submitted no later than Thursday, September 10, 2020.
Submitting your video file, if applicable
- You will upload your file via a secure method using Dropbox. Submit the .mp4 file to the AACPDM Secretariat HERE. Please do not send your file individually by email or by any other method. All files must be received via the AACPDM Dropbox folder.
- Your video file must be an .mp4 file.
Please log into your Conference Harvester* to complete your tasks:
*your login information can be found in the email sent on August 20, 2020 .
- 'Upload your CV': This is required in order for the American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine to be recognized as an Approval Agency by the Texas Board of Physical Therapy.
- 'Upload Your Handout(s)': If you have a handout(s), you will complete this task.
- 'AM20 PowerPoint Slide Template': You may download the AM20 PowerPoint slide template through this task.
- 'Download "Run of Show" Template': You may download the "Run of Show" template through this task.
- Prior to the event, the Live Stream technician will perform a tech-check with all of the presenters who will be broadcasting live. The tech check occurs about 1-2 weeks prior to the event. The goal is to be able to coordinate group tech-checks for each pre-con course so your pre-conference group can meet with the tech together.
- Presenters will practice controlling their slides, sharing their webcam, etc. The technician will explain the process for day-of setup, the waiting room, and the text chat communication that will occur throughout the live stream. They may also provide additional tips and pointers to speakers for lighting, controlling audio quality, volume, etc.
All presenters are required to register and pay the applicable registration fees for the Annual Meeting. If you have not registered yet; you may do so HERE.
Session and Presentation Times
All session and presentation times are in the Central Time (CDT) Zone. Unsure how to convert times to your specific time zone? Just click here.
Times and presentations are subject to change.
- September 23-26, 2020
74th Annual Meeting-Virtual Meeting Held Live
- September 28, 2020
Online Registration Still Open
- October 2020
Access to On-Demand Virtual Meeting Content Starts
- December 31, 2020
Final Day to Access Virtual Meeting Content