The abstract submission deadline has passed. A higher priority will be placed on submissions that include participants from multiple countries or regions.
- The Scientific Program Committee determines the presentation format of Scientific Presentations after review and selection. Scientific Presentations can be selected as either a free paper or poster (additional descriptions below). All abstracts that are accepted in this category will be published. Please note: Individuals may only present a maximum of two oral presentations.
Free Paper (podium presentation) – A seven-minute oral presentation held during one of the concurrent “Free Paper” sessions during the Annual Meeting.
Scientific Poster – If accepted, Scientific (and Demonstration) Poster Presenters will be required to submit their poster in 2 formats: a traditional paper poster (to be displayed on a bulletin board) as well as an ePoster. An ePoster is an electronic version of the traditional paper poster in PowerPoint and PDF format. It will be displayed on computer monitors at the Annual Meeting and posted on the AACPDM website for 2 months after the Annual Meeting. The dual display methods will increase exposure to the work and allow people to view the poster in the comfort of their hotel room or even at home after the meeting. Details will be sent to accepted presenters and posted on the AACPDM website.
Clinical Observation or Single Case Study Poster
New to the Annual Meeting this year, the Academy really wants to encourage students and community providers to contribute to the learning experiences of the meeting. There is much we can share with each other that will help us provide better care, uncover new solutions, and develop a more inclusive and supportive world community.
- The Clinical Observation and Single Case Study Posters are a mechanism to facilitate sharing case reports, observations, and experiences that may help others do their jobs better. We encourage every Academy member and meeting attendee to consider submitting a poster abstract in this category and to share the opportunity with their colleagues, students, and trainees.
- Instructional Courses are two hours in length, providing formal in-depth instruction for continuing professional education combined with audience participation and interaction. There is a strict 3,000 character count, including spaces, which will be imposed on the length of the body of the abstract.
- This 60-minute interactive session should include approximately 40 minutes for presentation of material and 20 minutes of interactive discussion with attendees. Attendance is limited to 50 people in order to encourage audience participation.
- The purpose of a Demonstration Poster is to showcase emerging ideas, generate discussion regarding service delivery models, highlight novel techniques and technologies; and/or advocacy efforts pertaining to the care of people with childhood-onset disabilities. Demonstration Posters can be used to highlight an upcoming funded clinical study, but scientific data and analyses are more appropriate for submission as a Scientific Presentation.
- May 2019
- July 10, 2019
Exhibit Booth Application Deadline
- August 2, 2019
Early Bird Registration Discount Ends
- August 16, 2019
Online Registration Deadline
- August 18, 2019
Hotel Room Block Reservation Deadline
- August 22, 2019
Presentation Handout Deadline
- September 18-21, 2019
73rd Annual Meeting!