Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital
Grand Rapids, Michigan
The Division of Pediatric Neurosciences at Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital (HDVCH) in Grand Rapids, MI, is searching for an entrepreneurial leader as the Section Chief for its Pediatric Neurodevelopmental Program and Endowed Chair of The Gerber Center for Infant Development and Nutrition.
The new Section Chief will be responsible for the comprehensive operations of the Section so that, as a whole, the Division supports the mission of HDVCH including education, clinical services, research and other scholarly activity, and advocacy. This full time position offers an opportunity to lead a growing team of two physicians and two APPs as well as support staff. Leadership development, mentoring, and operational support resources are available for the selected candidate.
Transformational Leadership Position Highlights:
• Best of both worlds; private practice model/financial rewards while emphasizing importance of academic mission.
• Scholarly/research interests are highly desirable, along with experience in teaching medical students and residents.
• Commitment to grow the Section to 4-Pediatric Neurodevelopmental providers.
• Opportunity to develop a fellowship program.
• Section Chief will serve as Medical Director of the nationally renowned HDVCH Intensive Feeding Program.
• HDVCH offers academic appointment through clinical academic partner, Michigan State University College of Human Medicine. Opportunity to collaborate with four nationally renowned autism researchers.
• Develop multidisciplinary Neurodevelopmental clinics including growth of the Autism Center.
• HDVCH is a state-of-the-art, globally integrated, 236-bed free standing dedicated children’s hospital.
Ranked in 6-specialties (2017-18) US News & World Report Best Children’s Hospitals, HDVCH is a state-of-the-art, globally integrated, 236-bed free standing dedicated children’s hospital located on the main campus of Spectrum Health. Annually, there are 8760 inpatient and 124,600 ambulatory visits, as well as over 55,185 children seen in the Pediatric Emergency Department (Level 1 Trauma rated). HDVCH also has one of the nation’s largest NICU’s (108-beds).
Please contact Karyn Hazel, In-house Physician Recruiter via email at email@example.com or you can reach her via phone at 616-486-6683. All inquiries will remain confidential without your prior approval.
Helen DeVos Children’s Hospital is an Equal Opportunity Employer does not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.