Director of Cerebral Palsy Care
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital is seeking an experienced, talented, energetic and collegial Pediatric Physiatrist to join the Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as Director of Cerebral Palsy Care at PCH. This position reports to the Division Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and entails leading and working collaboratively with the primary specialty providers of care to children with cerebral palsy in a model that coordinates and maximizes the efficiency of patient care, enhances access to care, employs best practices and evidence based medicine, allows for research, and generates outcomes data . In addition, this position would provide clinical support along with other division members to the inpatient rehabilitation unit, the inpatient acute care consult service, outpatient physiatry clinic, other multidisciplinary clinics, and program expansion in the area of injection therapy/spasticity management. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the area of clinical care of children with cerebral palsy, along with a broad base of clinical knowledge and strong interest in program development as Phoenix Children's Hospital continues to expand services and capabilities.
The Division of PM&R, a key division within Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital, is comprised of an expert team of fellowship-trained pediatric PM&R physicians and nurse practitioners who provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care, allowing children to achieve their optimal level of independence.
Highlights of PM&R Division:
1. The only dedicated acute pediatric and adolescent inpatient rehabilitation program and the only fellowship trained pediatric PM&R staff in the state of Arizona and in the contiguous regions.
2. 12 bed CARF accredited inpatient unit with private rooms, ventilator capability, and contiguous therapy gym and private therapy treatment room spaces
3. Up to date rehab technology and experienced inpatient and outpatient pediatric therapists
4. Onsite school program, psychology, neuropsychology, pet and music therapy support services
5. Gait lab
6. Strong interdisciplinary environment
7. Opportunities for pediatric and PM&R resident education, medical student and fellow rotations
8. Ability to seek faculty status at UArizona, Arizona State, Mayo Clinic, and Creighton
9. Clinical research opportunities and institutional research support