Director of Cerebral Palsy Care
Phoenix Children's Hospital
Phoenix Children's Hospital is seeking an experienced, talented, energetic and collegial Pediatric Physiatrist to join the Division of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation as Director of Cerebral Palsy Care at PCH. This position reports to the Division Chief of Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation and entails leading and working collaboratively with the primary specialty providers of care to children with cerebral palsy in a model that coordinates and maximizes the efficiency of patient care, enhances access to care, employs best practices and evidence based medicine, allows for research, and generates outcomes data . In addition, this position would provide clinical support along with other division members to the inpatient rehabilitation unit, the inpatient acute care consult service, outpatient physiatry clinic, other multidisciplinary clinics, and program expansion in the area of injection therapy/spasticity management. The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years of experience in the area of clinical care of children with cerebral palsy, along with a broad base of clinical knowledge and strong interest in program development as Phoenix Children's Hospital continues to expand services and capabilities.
The Division of PM&R, a key division within Barrow Neurological Institute at Phoenix Children's Hospital, is comprised of an expert team of fellowship-trained pediatric PM&R physicians and nurse practitioners who provide comprehensive, multidisciplinary care, allowing children to achieve their optimal level of independence.
Highlights of PM&R Division:
1. The only dedicated acute pediatric and adolescent inpatient rehabilitation program and the only fellowship trained pediatric PM&R staff in the state of Arizona and in the contiguous regions.
2. 12 bed CARF accredited inpatient unit with private rooms, ventilator capability, and contiguous therapy gym and private therapy treatment room spaces
3. Up to date rehab technology and experienced inpatient and outpatient pediatric therapists
4. Onsite school program, psychology, neuropsychology, pet and music therapy support services
5. Gait lab
6. Strong interdisciplinary environment
7. Opportunities for pediatric and PM&R resident education, medical student and fellow rotations
8. Ability to seek faculty status at UArizona, Arizona State, Mayo Clinic, and Creighton
9. Clinical research opportunities and institutional research support
Division Chief, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics & Psychology
University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital
On behalf of Dr. Marlene Miller, Pediatrician-in-Chief for University Hospitals and Chair of the Department of Pediatrics at University Hospitals Rainbow Babies & Children’s Hospital (UH/RBC), AMN Leadership Solutions (formerly MillicanSolutions), a leader in academic pediatric leadership recruitment, has initiated a national search to identify an inspiring leader to serve in the role as Division Chief, Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics & Psychology.
The incoming Chief will have the responsibility of establishing and implementing a vision that encompasses the mission values of UH/RBC: To Heal, To Teach, To Discover.
• Established in 1994, the Division has grown to include 10 Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricians, Clinical & Pediatric Psychologists, and Neuropsychologists as well as developed an ACGME accredited Developmental-Behavioral fellowship and a Neuropsychology fellowship. Strongly supportive and cohesive culture experienced throughout the Division.
• As a member of DBPNet, the Division is active in research and have established specialty programs which include: Adoption Clinic, Autism Spectrum Disorder Program, Attention Behavior Comprehensive Clinic, Fetal Alcohol Spectrum Clinic, Cochlear Implant Team, Down Syndrome Clinic, and a Fellows’ Continuity Clinic. Opportunities exist to expand upon as well build new programs.
• Eligibility for academic rank at the Associate/Professor level and be board certified in Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics and/or Neurodevelopmental Disabilities, or, a Psychologist with experience in a Developmental-Behavioral Pediatric setting including academic productivity.
• Recognized as the top ranked children’s hospital in northern Ohio, UH/RBC is a 244-bed, Level 1 Pediatric Trauma Center and principal referral center for Ohio and the region.
• Academic affiliation with Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine.
For more details about this opportunity, or if you would like to recommend an individual(s) who exemplifies the qualities we are seeking in a candidate, please contact Jennifer Weimer at Jennifer.Weimer@amnhealthcare.com. All interactions will remain confidential and no inquiries will be made without the consent of the applicant.
UH/RBC is an AA/EOE/ADA employer committed to excellence through diversity.