- An NPR-led initiative, this site is a mobile-friendly community-edited guide to accessible playgrounds.
- AXS Map (access map) is a crowd-sourced tool for sharing reviews on the wheelchair accessibility of businesses and places. For some it’s surprising to learn that as many as nine out of ten businesses on a city block may be inaccessible. Imagine being in a wheelchair and suddenly having the accessible world at your fingertips via web or mobile phone. For the 13.2 million people with mobility impairments in North America, AXS Map provides new freedom to be spontaneous about choices- where to eat, shop, work or play. AXS Map creates a community of people who care about access, and opens doors to a new world. AXS Map is available online or via mobile web, as well as Android and iPhone applications.
- BridgingApps helps people search for apps that fit their needs, and provides reviews of apps. It is a program of Easter Seals Greater Houston that provides access to educational and therapeutic tools—anywhere, anytime—allowing parents, teachers, and therapists to effectively use mobile devices and apps to target and improve individual skill development to help children and adults with disabilities reach their highest levels of physical and cognitive development.
- The Choiceworks app is an essential learning tool for helping children complete daily routines (morning, day, & night), understand & control their feelings and improve their waiting skills (taking turns and not interrupting). Created with the support of leading hospitals and child development specialists, this app is designed for caregivers to provide clear and consistent support to foster a child’s independence, positive behavior, and emotional regulation at home and in the community. It can also be customized for teachers in a school setting.
- The Choiceworks Calendar is a powerful picture-based learning tool that helps children learn what is happening day-to-day throughout each month. By presenting the abstract concept of time in a structured, visual format, Choiceworks Calendar helps children organize their lives as well as understand sequence and time. Built by the same team that brought you the Choiceworks App, the Choiceworks Calendar is the first app of its kind to provide a full-featured calendar designed with both the child and caregiver in mind.
- jooay is an app that helps children with disabilities and their families to locate leisure opportunities that are: Accessible, suit their needs and abilities, match their preferences, can help them develop and participate in society.
- Proloquo2go is a symbol-based communication app. It's won several awards, and has over 30 different speaking voices to choose from. The app is currently available in English only. Options include US English, UK English, Indian English and Australian accents.
- Talkitt recognizes the user's vocal patterns and “speaks” their words in an understandable language, allowing them to communicate clearly and easily with anyone, anywhere and in any language they choose.
Tools4U - Complex Care
- The Complex Care app was developed to help parents of patients with feeding tubes at Nationwide Children's Hospital care for their children by managing their chronic conditions. The app is available for free to anyone.