The 2020 Scientific Program Committee is now accepting abstract submissions for the AACPDM 74th Annual Meeting, to be held in New Orleans, in the following formats:
- Free Papers
- Scientific Posters
- Breakfast Seminars
- Instructional Courses
- Demonstration Posters
- Clinical Observation or Single Case Study Posters
For detailed information on each of the abstract formats and the submission guidelines, please see below.
Information on 2020 Abstract Formats:
- The Scientific Program Committee determines the presentation format of Scientific Presentations after review and selection. Scientific Presentations can be selected as either a free paper or poster (additional descriptions below). All abstracts that are accepted in this category will be published. For more information on the submission guidelines for Free Papers and Scientific Posters, click here.
Please note: Individuals may only present a maximum of two oral presentations.
Free Paper (podium presentation) – A seven-minute oral presentation held during one of the concurrent “Free Paper” sessions during the Annual Meeting.
Scientific Poster – If accepted, Scientific (and Demonstration) Poster Presenters will be required to submit their poster in 2 formats: a traditional paper poster (to be displayed on a bulletin board) as well as an ePoster. An ePoster is an electronic version of the traditional paper poster in PowerPoint and PDF format. It will be displayed on computer monitors at the Annual Meeting and posted on the AACPDM website for 2 months after the Annual Meeting. The dual display methods will increase exposure to the work and allow people to view the poster in the comfort of their hotel room or even at home after the meeting. Details will be sent to accepted presenters and posted on the AACPDM website.
- This 60-minute interactive session should include approximately 40 minutes for presentation of material and 20 minutes of interactive discussion with attendees. Attendance is limited to 50 people in order to encourage audience participation. For more information on the submission guidelines for Breakfast Seminars, click here.
- Instructional Courses are two hours in length, providing formal in-depth instruction for continuing professional education combined with audience participation and interaction. There is a strict 3,000 character count, including spaces, which will be imposed on the length of the body of the abstract. For more information on the submission guidelines for Instructional Courses, click here.
- The purpose of a Demonstration Poster is to showcase emerging ideas, generate discussion regarding service delivery models, highlight novel techniques and technologies; and/or advocacy efforts pertaining to the care of people with childhood-onset disabilities. Demonstration Posters can be used to highlight an upcoming funded clinical study, but scientific data and analyses are more appropriate for submission as a Scientific Presentation. For more information on the guidelines for Demonstration Posters, click here.
Clinical Observation or Single Case Study Posters
- The Academy wants to encourage students and community providers to contribute to the learning experiences of the meeting. There is much we can share with each other that will help us provide better care, uncover new solutions, and develop a more inclusive and supportive world community.
- The Clinical Observation and Single Case Study Posters are a mechanism to facilitate sharing case reports, observations, and experiences that may help others do their jobs better. We encourage every Academy member and meeting attendee to consider submitting a poster abstract in this category and to share the opportunity with their colleagues, students, and trainees. For more information on the guidelines for Clinical Observation or Single Case Study Posters, click here.
- May 2020
- July 10, 2020
Exhibit Booth Application Deadline
- August 7, 2020
Early Bird Registration Discount Ends
- August 18, 2020
Hotel Room Block Reservation Deadline
- August 21, 2020
Online Registration Deadline
- August 22, 2020
Presentation Handout Deadline
- September 23-26, 2020
74th Annual Meeting!