What is an AACPDM eCourse?
An AACPDM eCourse is a 3-4 week, online, self-paced educational course with the opportunity to earn continuing education credits. This program hosted two courses in 2016 and three courses in 2017. Our past eCourses include International Classification of Functioning, Disability and Health (ICF), Orthopedic Surgery for Adults with Cerebral Palsy, Transition to Adulthood for Youth with Chronic Needs: Challenges and Rewards, and Complex Care: Team Management In Spinal Fusion for Children with Cerebral Palsy.
eCourses offer a chance to connect with professionals around the world! Anyone who registers for a course will be able to interact through a discussion board weekly during the course.
eCourses also offer the chance to earn CME and CEUs. The exact amount of CME/CEU available varies by the specific course, but totals are typically 3-4 hours.
- ACCME Accreditiation Statement: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) is accredited by the Accreditation Council for Continuing Medical Education to provide continuing medical education for physicians.
- Physical Therapists / Physical Therapy Assistants: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine is recognized as an Approval Agency by the Physical Therapy Board of California. http://ptbc.ca.gov/licensees/cc_agency.shtml
- Occupational Therapists / Occupational Therapy Assistants: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine is an Approved Provider of Continuing Education by the American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA) #6379.
Note: The assignment of AOTA CEUs does not imply endorsement of specific course content, products, or clinical procedures by AOTA.
- Nursing Credits: The American Academy for Cerebral Palsy and Developmental Medicine (AACPDM) is a Provider approved by the California Board of Registered Nursing, Provider # CEP 14720
- Certificate of Attendance: All attendees may claim a Certificate of Attendance