Composition and Appointment:
Members: In addition to the Chair, Chair-elect and Past–chair, the number of members is variable (between 5 and 17) and subject to the needs and recommendations of the Chairperson with the approval of the responsible Board Liaison.
|Chairperson:||1 year progressing from Chair-Elect.|
|Chair-Elect:||1 year, appointed by consensus of Committee, Board Member, and Second Vice President.|
|Past Chair:||1 year progressing from Chair.|
|Members:||3 years (one second three-year term permissible)|
- Annual Review of the Care Pathways development process and make adjustments, if needed.
- Solicit and evaluate care pathway development applications (approve or deny).
- Review care pathway grant applications and assess which care pathways will be given funding and for what amount.
- Request periodic progress reports from the expert teams on their care pathway development
- Prior to the online posting of new care pathways, review each section and submit edits/changes to the expert team, for incorporation.
- Request an update for the care pathways that have been posted online for 3 years. Send request 6 months prior to the 3-year posting date.
- Review and approve any requests for permission to utilize the care pathways.
- Submit committee member updates (regarding vacancies and new member names) after discussion with and through the Board Liaison who then provide to AACPDM office. All Committee rosters will be then updated automatically through the database.
- Provide thought leadership for the Care Pathways process including monitoring of the utilization of the Care Pathways, iterative refinement of the process and development of an assessment of impact of the Care Pathways
- Contribute to the development of a Care Pathway as part of their committee term.
- Participate in a minimum of two (2) committee conference calls per year and attend the in-person committee meeting (typically held during the Annual Meeting).